When it comes to reading, I’ll read just about anything from articles about the importance of sleep or nail care to trashy romance novels, from novels that are deemed “important” to juvenile and silly children’s books. However, there are just some books that I shy away from for various reasons.
Here are ten books that intimidate me, but are still on my TBR list:
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- It’s massive. And Hugh Jackman isn’t there to sing to me.
- Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Gregory Maguire
- I’ve heard that the book just isn’t as good as the musical and a lot of people can’t get through it.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
- Game of Thrones took me forever to read. And the rest will take me an equally long time.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- It’s long.
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Or any Russian Lit, for that matter.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- I’ve heard that there’s a lot of science in the book, so I’m a bit nervous that a lot of it will go over my head because I’m not smart anymore.
- The Lord of the Rings series by J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Rings movies are some of may favorites and I’m a bit nervous that people say the movies are better than the books.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson
- The content is pretty intimidating, I’m told.
All of these books are on my TBR list, but it will take me a bit to get to them. Do you have any input about these books? How did you like them?