Here are 10 book series for your perusing and entertainment:
Book series I love:
1.Harry Potter. Of course. The Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite of the series. (I think it’s time for a re-read.)
2. The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I just finished it and I absolutely love it. It was so unexpected and there were so many great twists!
3. The Giver series by Lois Lowry. While I didn’t really love the second and third books, the first and last were fantastic. I read The Giver when I was in middle school and didn’t realize that there was a series until I was in college. The last in the series, Son, is one of my all-time favorite books. They’re beautiful.
Series I don’t care for:
4. The House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. While the story line was interesting, the writing was horrendous and some aspects of the books including characters were pretty unbelievable. As in, this doesn’t actually happen/no one actually says this. I didn’t even finish the series and I ain’t sad. (It really isn’t even worth mentioning, I just added it for the sake of having a series in the list that I didn’t like.)
Series I want to read:
5. The Tudor Court series by Philippa Gregory. I have the first three in the series and I’m pretty excited to start reading. I’m also excited to get into the historical fiction genre.
6. The Olympians Series by Rick Riordan. I never really was that interested especially because they’re “middle grade” books, but I like to read about Greek Mythology and reading fictionalized Greek Mythology must be better, right?
7. The Lord of the Rings series by J. R. R. Tolkien. Because I’m a super nerd. However, I have heard that the movies are better than the books, so I’m a tad nervous.
8. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I need more science fiction in my life and I love the movie.
Series worth mentioning:
9. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. I read the books before they were movies and really liked them. After the hype I’ve kind of fallen out of love with them. I also sort of hate Katniss as a protagonist.
10. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I’ve read Game of Thrones and now I’m putting off reading the rest of them. They’re just so long and I’ll read them when the show is over…
What other series are worth mentioning? What are your favorites? Which ones are worth reading?