Wow! Is it June already? Six months since I’ve graduated from college? Cray.
I feel like I got a lot of stuff done this month, but not enough. I’ve come up with a great organization method for my blog journal that seems to be working marvelously. I’ve also added a ton of books to my already long TBR list.
I didn’t read the books that I set out to at the beginning of the month, but oh well. I finished The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson, City of Heavenly Fire and Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (which is actually an essay, but it comes in a book, so I’m counting it), and I started The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. My goal of reading 50 books this year is going to be a bit difficult if I continue to read books over 600 hundred pages….
In May I also got back into bullet journaling, which has been hard for me since I graduated. Instagram and some blogs I follow have been an immense help in inspiring me to keep at it until I find what works for me. Also, I love buying stationery items so I’m not complaining!
Do you love bullet journaling/ are you interested in starting? Here are some insta accounts and blogs that I love:
- bohoberry.com (@boho.berry)
- prettyprintsandpaper.com (@prettyprintsandpaper)
- And here is my pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/beckakw/bullet-journal/
- Some songs this month that I played over and over again.
- My favorite bullet journal spread (I take organization seriously).
For June I’m feeling very ambitious for my reading life. I plan to read:
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson(finished!)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I don’t think I’ll actually finish all of these, but I will endeavor to do my best. I’ve also given up all pretense of reading anything substantial. Whatevs.
Some things that I’m looking forward to:
- diving into Anne Bogel’s Summer Reading Guide over at Modern Mrs. Darcy
- I’ve been trying to do bookstagram challenges for a couple of months now, and I’m no good at it. So this month I am doing a bokstagram challenge and the June Plan With Me Challenge (#overtheoceanbookchallenge and #planwithmechallenge). Maybe switching between them will help?
- Summer = icy treats such as ice cream, snowballs, or Rita’s.
How was your May? What are you most looking forward to in June?