Wow! April went by in a blur! I did some fun things and read some great books. This month has been filled with job applications, Netflix binge-ing, and working on writing. It’s been super stressful looking for a job, so I was glad to get away for a weekend and to stop worrying. I was really hoping to get a couple of interviews this month, so my new goal is to be interviewed in May! I’m also hoping to read more in May!
This month I bought quite a few books. I love getting books from the Thrift Store for so cheap, it means that I’ll get a lot!
Here they are:
- The Ocean at the End of the Lake by Neil Gaiman
- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
So at the beginning of the month I decided that I was going to read four books. These included Persuasion, The Da Vinci Code, Mistborn, and Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. I did pretty good. I finished the first three and started the second book in the Mistborn series, The Well of Ascension. I’m getting kind of annoyed with myself because I started Quiet a while ago and I still haven’t finished it. I’m almost to the point where I’m just going to put aside until later in the year. I don’t know. What’s your philosophy about not finishing books?
This month I also completed my first bookstagram photo challenge (follow me)!
Here are a few photos from the challenge:
For the month of May I think I’ll be doing this photo challenge. Yay!
If you missed my post about my camping trip to Shenandoah National Park, here are a few pictures:
It was quite amazing to hike to the highest peak of the mountain, even if it nearly killed me.
Some of my favorite things for April:
- My favorite book I read this month was Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.
- Zyrtec and Benadryl! Haha, I have terrible allergies.
- My favorite bookstagram that I followed this month is @theliteraryllama pretty much because of her username. I love llamas.
- My favorite pins from this month: this bullet journal pin is beautiful and makes me want to do organizey things and this because I love tacos (and also this).
- My favorite instagram post, featuring my favorite book.
- Oh and of course the season premieres for Outlander and Game of Thrones!
What were some of your favorite things in the month of April? What are you most looking forward to in May?